After the September 2010 earthquake the slightly damaged Gothic revival style church built in 1877 was demolished by the Civil Defense, a possible breach of it’s legal powers as there was no consent from owner’s or Historic’s Places Trust.
The site remained a pile of rubble for a long time, becoming the host of this installation.
A approximate 12 meters clothes line hanged from two approx 4 meters high aluminum posts. White paints, overall, braw, shirt, linen and so forth danced on the wind of this busy corner.
The contrast on the nature of the different matter that composes both cloth and rubble enhanced the dynamics between the forces of the environment such as wind an earthquakes and the product of man such as cotton clothing and rock buildings.